Saturday, December 15, 2007

Travels

I thought I would take some time to share some of my Honeymoon trip with all of you. It was a great trip. We cruised for 7 days with stops in St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Dominica, Antigua, Barbados, and St. Lucia. It was an incredible trip. This is a shot of St. John (off St. Thomas). This was Russell's first snorkeling experience.


This is a photo of the beautiful waterfalls that we saw during our tour of Dominica. I thought I might pass out and die hiking there (remember the Bachelorette foot incident - see archives if need be). But the reward was worth it...just gorgeous!







This next picure was taken in St. Lucia. This stop was astounding to me. I was ablsolutely horrified and humbles by the juxtaposition of the poor parts of this island against the beauty of its natural state. How amazing that such a beautiful place can also be so ugly. Full of kind people who live in poverty...sell anything and everything they can to the tourists, wash their clothes in the same river that they bathe in. It's all so surreal.

No comments: